Business Development Manager, Birmingham - Fixed Term Contract, 12 months
Opportunity for the role to go permanent.
The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Regional UK and Ireland team is responsible for driving Deliveroo’s performance across all 4 nations of UKI. From Brighton, to Bognor to Belfast, we are experts in the local markets we serve. As part of the regional UKI team, you will be singing up the best restaurants in the city/region. Regional UKI presents one of the biggest growth opportunities available to Deliveroo and we are building a team of commercially savvy, entrepreneurial and ambitious individuals to help us fulfil our potential
We are looking for Business Development Managers to join our Regional UK & Ireland team. This is a great opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing business in a competitive market. You’ll be responsible for building relationships with new restaurant partners in your area, improving our proposition for customers and identifying ways to continue our fast growth. This is an excellent role for an outgoing and commercial individual who enjoys building relationships.
What you’ll be doing
- Map, prospect, pitch and close new restaurants across your region in a very methodical and organised fashion. This means being a city level expert including knowing the up and coming restaurants and which restaurants customers crave most
- Communicate (physical visits, emails, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Oversee the restaurant on-boarding process to ensure it is as quick, efficient and seamless as possible
- Ensure restaurant success within the first eight weeks from signing
- Sample food from a variety of high quality establishments
- Attend restaurant and food meet ups
- Number of restaurants signed each month
- Performance of restaurants signed (first 3 months)
- Be comfortable with targeting new business and have proven sales experience in a fast moving environment
- Experienced negotiator and able to structure win-win deals for restaurants and for Deliveroo
- Commercially savvy individual who understands the economics of food delivery - for restaurants and Deliveroo
- Have great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Be able to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Be able to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Have an interest in all things food and restaurants
- Be tenacious and self-motivated
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.