Location: Melbourne & Sydney
We welcome applications from people on visas and Cantonese and Mandarin speakers.
*Uncapped Commission Structure*
A great opportunity to join a fast paced technology business servicing the hospitality industry. Deliveroo provides you the platform to accelerate your career in sales and tech, and join our team of passionate innovators who support and motivate each other to win.
The impact you have on the business:
As a sales representative, you'll be liaising with Australia’s diverse restaurant community. This is a role for a confident, motivated, self-starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
You’ll be using your sales and communication skills to get restaurants across Australia signed on to the Deliveroo platform. You will contact select local restaurants in various locations, seek to understand their business and how we can help them achieve their goals, and use your fine-tuned sales skills to have them partner with Deliveroo and start taking orders.
You will be versatile, selling over the phone, and then when you're ready, go out and see restaurants face to face as needed. You will receive coaching from an experienced sales lead, learn from your peers and buddy up across the team.
Your role will include:
- An ongoing component of high levels of daily cold call activity contacting restaurant leads, confidently presenting opportunities to partner with Deliveroo
- Owning and maintaining a consistent pipeline, with the goal to exceed monthly sales targets
- Passionately representing Deliveroo and resolving customer objections
- Gaining agreement over the phone, and sending our contracts via email to close opportunities
- Maintaining records to provide transparency on all sales activities via the CRM; Salesforce
- Negotiating partnership pricing to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Setting restaurants up for success by providing advice on delivery operations, menus and images, and ensuring they work with us to promote their partnership and drive customers to order
- Utilising business templates and proposals to automate your workflow and convert pipeline to sales
- Meeting with restaurants face to face, once you’re up and running
Skills you’ll need:
- Confident communication and active listening skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Comfort with high levels of activity and a fast-paced environment
- Closing sales: getting buy in and agreement from potential customers
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler, and you’re not afraid of rejection
- Top notch people skills – you have bags of emotional intelligence and can persuade even the toughest of prospects
- Experience and confidence in problem solving
- Experience with technology and capturing your activity in a CRM
- You’ll have an interest in all things food and restaurants. Deliveroo is a company of people unapologetically passionate about what they do – if you’re not into food, you soon will be.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin as they will have to speak with our English-speaking and Mandarin-speaking clients
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
2022 is a year of continued rapid growth. We're expanding our delivery coverage across Australia, and will be able to offer delivery services to thousands more restaurants in areas we've never before been able to.
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Health and Wellbeing: weekly exercise classes plus regular yoga and meditation classes
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Uncapped commission / competitive commission structure
- 1:1 coaching and development
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.