The role of the Restaurant Strategy team is to set the vision for the merchant side of the Deliveroo marketplace and position Deliveroo as the strategic partner of choice for our partners by continuing to improve the value we provide to our partners. Deliveroo operates in one of the most complex businesses in the world. Our three-sided marketplace (of consumers, riders and partners) operates in real-time, serving millions of customers & over 140,000 restaurants in more than 600 towns across 12 countries. The geographic coverage and diversity of partners with whom we work, as well as the competitive dynamics of the market, makes this a fascinating and intellectually challenging role.
Reporting to the Director Restaurant Strategy you will have the exciting opportunity to join the Central Restaurant team as a key new role focused on how we can help build scalable solutions to help our primarily long tail restaurants grow revenue on the platform. Growth is multi-faceted, from identifying which restaurants have potential to grow, identifying education, product and other levers that help them grow, and building intervention strategies so we don't churn our key restaurants. This role will be key in building out our approach across multi-functional teams and as such requires a strong strategic thinker capable of taking apart an amorphous problem and establishing a data led approach that aligns other teams on a common vision.
Examples of what you’ll be doing
- Work with our decision sciences and commercial teams to deepen our understanding of which partners have the greatest growth potential & what data we can use to identify these partners.
- In conjunction with our Sales Enablement & Commercial teams, embed and action on these insights by designing scalable servicing strategies to help grow partner revenue & minimise churn.
- Program manage launch of the strategies across cross-functional teams.
- Build KPis to track performance of our overall portfolio by understanding product adoption and partner behaviour. Use these KPIs to constantly find new programs and optimise existing programs across markets we operate
- Identify and work with our product team to develop additional features and products across restaurant tooling, insights and promotional solutions that unlock revenue growth from our partners
- Work closely with Director, Restaurant Strategy to identify and initiate other high priority strategic initiatives as needed
- You have proven experience in consulting or operations strategy background
- You have experience leading programs and influencing teams across the organisation
- Strong analytical skills - able to join quantitative and qualitative data & synthesise these into outcome led insights.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, strong organisational skills including the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and working across all levels of an organisation
- A deeply curious and avid growth mindset, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems - both the big strategic ambiguous problems, as well as the smaller quick wins
Preferred, but not required:
- Familiarity with restaurants and / or marketplaces a plus
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.