Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
The Finance and Strategy team’s core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it’s critical that we continually foster and evolve a team culture to allow for each team member to thrive and grow.
Provide analytical driven insight to support decision makers and understand the P&L impact of those decisions. You will work with stakeholders to manage data and model strategic initiatives to drive the long-term growth of the business. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys solving difficult problems, has strong analytical capability and can work closely with senior management.
The job will involve:
- Working with your manager to model and review appropriate strategic initiatives and support delivery of the overall long-range plans
- Understanding and influencing the underlying drivers of performance to help drive the top and bottom line
- Supporting the wider business by working with them through business casing for various new initiatives
- Providing pro-active, insightful, high quality analysis to support decision making in the context of wider business implications
- Translate actions and initiatives into targets and long-range plans for the business
- Advanced SQL and Excel skills
- Experience influencing stakeholders at various levels
- 4 - 5 yrs of data analysis in an analytical, strategic or commercial role
- Complex financial modelling experience
- Analytical problem solver with the ability to effectively articulate findings
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.