Head of Direct Tax
This is an exciting opportunity to join the tax team of a dynamic, fast growing, technology business supporting the expansion of its operation and activities. This is a key role within Deliveroo’s tax team as you will have the opportunity to contribute to developing both the team as the overall tax function at Deliveroo. The right candidate therefore embodies great technical skills and experience as well as excellent interpersonal skills required to coach a high performing team and navigate a fast paced tech scale up environment.
This role will work closely with various cross functional stakeholders and senior leaders within the company. It will drive tax compliance, reporting and planning projects across the group and manage a team. It will work also closely with the VP Tax, Sr Director Indirect Tax and Tax Policy Lead on strategic tax and tax policy matters.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead, manage and develop the direct tax and employment tax teams (currently 5 FTE);
- Act as a focal point for international and corporate tax matters within the group;
- Develop deep knowledge of the business and build a cross-functional netwerk across Deliveroo;
- Responsible for and overseeing the following tax areas:
- Tax reporting and compliance;
- Transfer pricing (policy, compliance, documentation);
- Employment tax;
- Controversy (audit readiness and defence);
- International tax planning;
- Drive tax projects and/or tax work streams in x-functional projects;
- Keep up to date with various tax and regulatory developments across our markets and internationally and provide regular updates to internal stakeholders;
- Seek to improve and/or optimise new and existing tax processes and controls; partner with the tax technology team to explore technological solutions;
- Assist the VP of Tax with tax strategic matters for the group.
- University degree, CTA or other similar tax credentials preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing (advising on) international tax matters in a dynamic corporate environment;
- Deep UK and/or international tax expertise;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and real curiosity in the food technology sector;
- Experience in collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in a faced paced high-expectation environment;
- Strong fit with Deliveroo culture and values;
- An advantage but not critical is:
- Previous experience in an in-house role;
- US tech experience;
- Proven track record of managing a high-performing team/having impact through others;
- Essential: you LOVE food and have a sense of humour.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a relatively small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (mostly) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.