FP&A Director, Income Statements
About the Role
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our Group FP&A function. The Director of FP&A - Income Statement will report to the Snr Director of Group FP&A, focusing on management of the income statement, including month-end close, management reporting and analysis.
The mission of the Finance & Strategy team, which includes Corporate FP&A, Finance Business Partnering and Business Operations, is to enable and drive the execution of business strategy as trusted partners to functional, market and corporate teams on strategic and financial matters. This includes company level financial analysis, planning and forecasting, management accounting and executive reporting, go-to-market finance and decision support, capital allocation and portfolio management, market level financial planning and performance management, and cross-functional business project management.
- Own the Income Statement analysis, close and management reporting processes.
- Manage the FP&A calendar for the company and work closely with Accounting and Finance Business Partnering teams to enable faster and more efficient close processes.
- Facilitate and improve management accounting, ranging from company-level or business unit to individual site level (e.g for Editions/Hop)
- Own systems/tools supporting management reporting, including implementation, enhancement, and maintenance of these.
- Drive simplification and automation efforts to deliver efficient management accounting, reporting and budgeting processes while improving financial controls, data integrity and reporting accuracy.
- Provide input and facilitate company level P&L reviews and executive/BoD reporting
- Attract, develop, coach and lead a highly talented and motivated team. Set priorities, remove obstacles for delivering on objectives, and ensure the team is focused on providing value-added support that helps deliver strong financial performance.
- 6+ years of experience in senior finance leadership roles, ideally in a high-growth international business, partnering with executives, including direct experience interacting with boards and board committees
- Deep subject matter expertise in FP&A and corporate finance;
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management; CA / CIMA or MBA preferred
- Entrepreneurial, commercial and highly analytical.
- An exceptionally strong and clear communicator.
- Independent, self-motivated individual capable of operating at both strategic and tactical level and ready “roll up the sleeves” to enable execution.
- Track record of building, leading, and inspiring high-performing teams
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excels at solving unstructured problems.
- Experienced working with high-growth organizations, preferably technology companies
- A deep understanding of P&Ls and the drivers of positive and negative performance
- Experience in building and leveraging enterprise financial and planning platforms
- Experience building, developing and managing high-performing teams
- A strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed business is a plus
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.