Insight Manager - Consumer Intelligence (Mat Cover)
At Deliveroo, we are customer obsessed and it’s the Research & Insights team that helps drive a customer centric way of thinking across the organisation. We’re passionate about the value insight delivers to drive better business decisions and outcomes for customers.
We’re looking for an Insight Manager - Consumer Intelligence to join the Research & Insight team in our London HQ. You’ll be joining a growing team who are passionate about making sure that the business understands who the customer is. We like to have fun and are creative in how we listen and disseminate insight across Deliveroo. If you are passionate about the customer, turning insight into action, and have an analytical mindset then we’d love to hear from you!
Based in Deliveroo’s Consumer org, this role is responsible for helping Deliveroo understand who the consumer really is.
One of Deliveroo’s values is “We are customer obsessed”, and this role encapsulates this value. This role is our expert on consumer demographics, needs, behaviours, motivations, and barriers - and how these differ between segments, markets, or competitors.
This role is also responsible for knowing what consumers in wider society are thinking and feeling, and proactively advising Deliveroo on what we can do to tap into this.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Bring to life the Deliveroo customer and consumers in wider society using all data sources available to us (internal customer data, primary research, or syndicated studies)
- Own our Customer Profiling workstreams, and be the go-to person for questions on our consumer segmentations
- Educate the business on how consumers differ across different demographics, locations, and attitudes - and how we can act on this
- Keep stakeholders informed of consumer sentiment in wider society, future consumer trends and predictions, and how this might impact the business
- A solid grasp of the full spectrum of mixed method consumer research, both quant and qual
- Strong skills with BI tools, such as Looker, Tableau, or Oracle
- Experience with international consumer research
- Experience managing multiples projects, agencies, and stakeholders simultaneously
- Data literate, with a strong understanding of how to tell the story that sits behind the data
- Resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills, with the ability to work to changing time and resource constraints
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders to drive positive change for customers
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
WORKPLACE & DIVERSITY
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.