Our Platform group enables expansion of products and growth of our customers to meet the needs of our growing business, accelerate productivity and reduce costs. They provide the core capabilities that engineering and the business rely on to build and operate their technologies and business decisions, and build most of the shared software infrastructure and a self-service layer that allows developers to interact with this delivery set-up and independently self-serve environment, deployments, databases and logs to run their applications.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager with product or Platform development experience to define and manage cross functional programs, platforms and infrastructure that enables the delivery of Deliveroo products. You will be responsible for researching and identifying team focus areas, and driving impact where there are complex needs from the respective product groups, as well as business and technology solution opportunities. In addition, you will provide analytical insight and foresight to help shape technical initiatives and long term strategic goals and help a group that is growing rapidly, balance maintaining and maturing its culture alongside supporting necessary specialisation and segmentation of responsibilities.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with Engineering and Product leaders across the organisation to proactively collect data, identify pain points and the current and future needs to define requirements
- Working with teams to drive prioritisation and build partnerships across teams, define the roadmap and long term strategy of the teams you are partnering with.
- Define and track key metrics and key performance indicators and drive execution of program deliverables.
- Breaking out OKRs into measurable milestones while managing dependencies and risks
- Execute technical initiatives across the whole of engineering whilst actively driving process improvements in reliability lifecycle
- Increase overall effectiveness of our platform group by systematically identifying and solving root cause of technological challenges discovered through the course of program delivery
- Proactively identify and analyse complex, long-term, critical infrastructure problems with engineering leaders and stakeholders.
- Manage changes effectively, balancing the distribution of information amongst stakeholders.
- enable the easy flow of information and plans between people and teams, through the creation of effective communications at scale
- 8+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience
- Experience delivering tech programs with a global footprint having built complex systems/infrastructure at scale
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope
- Deep understanding of development lifecycle, release management
- Experience operating autonomously and leading large-scale effort across multiple teams and functions with stakeholders in different disciplines
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience in platform infrastructure platforms - Storage, compute, developer productivity, cloud infrastructure and security.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.