Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
The Delivery team is the engine that keeps Deliveroo moving. From logistics algorithms making complex routing decisions; through forecasting demand using predictive models; to the app that riders use out on the road, we have built a network that delivers to millions of happy customers each week. But in order for us to keep at the cutting edge we need your help…
What you’ll be doing
- Owning the roadmap for your product. Problems you might help us solve might include:
- How do we build a fleet of riders that can deliver hundreds of millions orders a year?
- How do we motivate riders to get out and deliver in the right place at the right time?
- How do we improve the quality of our service?
- How can we help riders to get quick and seamless access to what they need through self-serve?
- Driving the prioritisation, conceptual thinking, customer needs evaluation and execution of new or existing products
- Partnering with stakeholders across both tech and business areas to ensure that the roadmap aligns with our business goals and customer needs
- Collaborating with engineering, design and data-science teams to plan the execution of initiatives
- Working closely with the development team to ensure we have a rich backlog of well-written, estimated epics and stories and support the smooth running of the team’s sprint cycles
- Working closely with the team’s product analyst to calibrate the impact of developments on core business metrics
- Experience of developing and building customer-focussed products in an agile environment, prioritising roadmaps and working with a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, researchers and designers.
- Customer-obsessed, able to understand them emotionally and through data.
- An effective communicator who can inspire and rally a team around a problem and build trust with a range of stakeholders
- Able to build hypotheses from first principles, critically assessing information rather than accepting received wisdom.
- Experience of running A/B and multivariate tests, using data to drive decision-making
Preferred, but not required
- Experience of multi-platform development (iOS, Android, web)
- Experience working with SQL, building simple Excel models, working with and building new dashboards is highly desirable.
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.