Senior Workplace Technology Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
As an engineer in our Workplace Technology you’ll be responsible for day to day management and improvements to the systems and tools that our teams use to do their best work. This will range from working with our productivity and collaboration tools, improving the experience and security controls for our laptop and mobile devices plus a range of other business applications you’ll work with.
- You’ll lead and participate in projects, ensuring that projects are designed and planned well, focusing on delivering a solution or technical improvement.
- You’ll be an escalation point for our Service Desk team
- Provide hands-on and remote root cause analysis of technical issues with the systems you work with
- Develop scripts, tools, processes or solutions to proactively prevent issues, reduce manual work, improve employee productivity
- Expert level experience supporting cloud based and SaaS application, including Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), Microsoft 365, Slack, Atlassian products etc
- Expert level knowledge of Google Workspace Administration and Google Cloud Identity, including user management, devices, applications.
- Strong experience with public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Expert level knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on browser based applications.
- In-depth knowledge of various IT systems including email, document storage, identity, device management, VDI
- In-depth knowledge of best practices around data security and identity management
- Strong documentation skills with an eagerness to teach others
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the Google Workspace Developer tools including Apps Script and Google Workspace APIs
- Knowledge of virtual desktop infrastructure
- Experience delivering group and one-on-one training