We’re looking for a Social Media Manager in the UK to help grow and engage our social community. You will have your finger on the pulse of what’s trending online, and an idea of how Deliveroo can engage with these trends.
This role will work closely with Comms, Marketing, Commercial and the Creative Studio to develop social media content that builds brand awareness and drives engagement for Deliveroo and its restaurant partners, with support from the Head of Social Media, Senior Social Media Managers, Restaurant Marketing and Commercial teams.
Based in the London HQ office, or working from home pending government guidelines, this role will be reporting to the Global Senior Social Managers for Twitter, Instagram and Influencer Marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with Head of social and Senior Social Managers to develop creative content strategies to reach and engage our target audience across multiple social channels
- Managing content and day-to-day activities, including drafting copy for social media posts to support campaign assets and ensuring copywriting is in-line with our brand and co-ordinates a consistent message.
- Working closely with content agencies to develop creative ideas for ‘hero’ owned brand videos sitting on Instagram and TikTok e.g. Halloween Pret video
- Supporting the Head of social and Senior Social Managers in project managing larger-scale projects outside of the day to day e.g. bigger integrated campaigns with other in-house teams e.g. Christmas, Veganuary campaigns
- Working with the Senior Influencer Manager liaising with agencies to ensure influencer content is on brand and delivering the highest level of content
- Mentoring the Social Assistant in building Deliveroo’s Instagram and TikTok community by engaging with existing and potential customers as well as flagging urgent issues with the customers service team (where needed).
- Working with restaurant, grocery and brand marketing teams to coordinate social media content and messaging for key brand moments throughout the year and work with the wider social team and agencies to respond to marketing briefs (taking functional marketing campaigns and adapting the creative to resonate with a social media audience)
- Working closely with our content, brand and marketing teams to brief the Creative studio or social agencies to create social media assets
- Monitoring social channels, identifying opportunities for Deliveroo to engage with
- Using top of the range tools to audit and report on performance of social media channels, suggesting changes along the way.
- Keeping an eye on cultural trends and products to ensure Deliveroo is seen as a leader in food delivery and on-demand groceries.
- 3+ years experience in a social media role
- Extensive understanding of multiple social media channels
- Genuine passion for social media communities and the opportunities offered by social media sharing and participation
- Experience of developing brand visibility across social media channels and engaging with bloggers and influencers
- Proven track record of success in growing followers and engagement on social media platforms
- Experience with briefing and reviewing creative assets, including videography, photography and graphics
- Outstanding organisational ability and project management skills
- Experience in using using social media monitoring tools
- Flawless written English
- Experience in fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who is comfortable with constant change
- Enthusiastic and collaborative team player
- Passion for food and the UK restaurant scene
- Experience of managing agencies from an in-house position
- Experience of working at a start-up or high-growth business
Remember, this is just a guide - if you see something you can’t tick off... good, you can learn here!
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation