At Deliveroo we have an outstanding data science organisation, with a mission to enable the highest quality human and machine decision-making. We work throughout the company - in product, business and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference and machine learning techniques. We are uniquely placed to use data to help make better decisions and improve data literacy across Deliveroo.
Data Scientists at Deliveroo report into our data science management team, and we have a highly active data science community, with guest lecturers, study groups, mentorship programmes, a robust technical review process, and plenty of opportunities to learn new things. Data Scientists can equally progress as technical leads (individual contributors) and as people managers.
Our data scientists come from all kinds of backgrounds but have excellence in common. Many are formally trained in data science, many are not. We celebrate difference and have a dedicated data science diversity committee.
The geo-spatial skill set at Deliveroo has shown to be impactful to a number of our teams, so we are looking to grow the geo-spatial community further. As a geospatial data scientist at Deliveroo, your main goal is to maximise business impact within one of many business areas. You will help to identify opportunities and answer questions like:
- How can we expand the areas we currently cover, taking into account all profitability considerations?
- Can we help our sales team spot areas of low restaurant density that can be targeted for new restaurant sign-ups?
- Which geographic areas are our competitors currently serving consumers better than us, and how can we close the gap?
- What delivery radius should we set for each restaurant on our platform?
- The work you will do will have a direct, measurable impact on the bottom line of the company.
- Proficiency with a suite of geospatial tools.
- Working knowledge of how to leverage geospatial data (points, polygons, lines).
- Experience creating bespoke interactive maps.
- Always curious and willing to learn new skills.
- Great communication skills - in person, in writing, in code; to technical and non-technical audiences.
- A problem solver with a deep analytical mindset.
- A pragmatic, flexible approach, where you most care about achieving impact.
- Excellent people skills — you'll be meeting with stakeholders to translate business needs into data science problems.
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. The scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.