Operations Representative, Rider Safety
Reporting into the Rider Safety Team Manager, you are responsible for investigating and responding to incidents which affect Riders, Restaurants, Customers and members of the public.
You will spend time communicating with riders, to support them in resolving their most important issues. With this in mind, you'll need to be an excellent communicator and be diplomatic & empathetic in the way you handle these sensitive situations.
You will also work closely with Restaurant and Customer teams to resolve incidents involving riders. Situations aren’t always clear cut, so you will need to be confident making decisions in line with our internal policies
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to riders via email and sometimes over the phone
- Reviewing incident reports and making decisions in line with our internal policies
- Review and respond to rider queries using tools such as Zendesk, including executive and internal escalations, in an efficient and timely manner to guarantee
- Working to ambitious targets while maintaining a high and consistent level of productivity and quality
- Working cross-functionally with the support teams for Restaurants, Riders, Applicants and Customers to resolve queries
- Being proactive in identifying new trends in rider safety and behaviours and escalating these
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and policy refinement within the department and company
- Excellent Communicator: You are confident and highly proficient in written and spoken English
- Organised: You are detail-oriented and can prioritise the right work at the right time
- Collaborative: You enjoy working with others in a fast-changing environment with ambitious targets
- Inquisitive: You are curious and can challenge processes that aren’t working -- you get to the bottom of things
- Adaptable: You are creative, resourceful and comfortable making decisions with ambiguous information. Intrigued by complex situations rather than overwhelmed by them
- Motivated: You are enthusiastic, goal-oriented, and eager to always improve
- Analytical: You are confident with data and familiar with Excel/Gsheets
- Empathetic: You are keen to provide riders with world class support
- You have a university degree or customer care experience
- You are proficient in a second European language -- written and spoken (French, Spanish, Italian)
- GDPR related knowledge
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.