Director of Partner Insights, UK and Ireland
Create a brand new service line for restaurants at Deliveroo. Restaurants are looking for greater insight into how to grow and better serve their customers, and we can help.
You will lead the design, piloting, and scale-up in the UK & Ireland, the home market and the largest business for Deliveroo.
You will be at the forefront of what makes Deliveroo a great place to work: high growth, data-driven, customer-focused, interesting, and in a collaborative, supporting culture.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Setting the strategy: supporting the formulation of the long term vision for partner insights, and what role it should play in the business
- Leading the problem solving to drive impact. You will work with the first tranche of partners to help frame the business issues, convert them into research questions, guide data scientists, and turn findings into actionable insights
- Refining the commercial model
- Refining the operating model
- Recruiting, building, and motivating the team as the service grows
- Proven success in end-to-end project leadership for clients. For example, this could be as a Partner, Associate Partner or Principal at a boutique consultancy focusing on consumer topics (e.g., retail, FMCG), in a customer data consultancy, or at a leading management consultancy.
- Exceptional problem-solving, from framing the opportunity, designing workstreams, sharpening the recommendations
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Proven communication skills with clients and senior leadership
- Highly entrepreneurial and driven
- Able to lead cross-functional teams
- Relevant sector expertise in a fast-moving consumer environment, for example in restaurants and hospitality, online marketplaces, ecommerce, hyperlocal businesses, retail, FMCG, or travel.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.