Employment Tax Analyst
An exciting opportunity to join the Tax Team of a dynamic, fast growing, technology business, supporting the expansion of its multi-jurisdictional operations and activities. This role will play a critical role in ensuring the Group meets all its global compliance, reporting and dependent obligations and supports the business in its ongoing growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Employment Tax Senior Manager to satisfy the company’s requirements for Employment Tax advice, governance and compliance.
- Ensure that all of the Group’s UK Employment Tax compliance obligations are met, to include the in-house preparation and submission of the following returns and timely payment of all relevant taxes and social security:
o PAYE Settlement Agreement;
o Short Term Business Visitors annual return;
o Employment related securities annual return;
o Forms P11D – assisting Payroll to complete the process.
- Responsibility for managing the outsourced service providers to ensure timely and accurate local country compliance in respect of rider returns and global mobility, with support from the Employment Tax Senior Manager.
- Assist with the management of external advisors, specifically in the area of our globally mobile employees and international (local) employees.
- Work closely with the Payroll team to ensure month to month accuracy of PAYE/NIC withholdings and provide support for more technical and complicated aspects of payroll in both our UK and overseas markets.
- Assist the Employment Tax Senior Manager to provide advice and technical support to the Finance and People teams and other internal departments in a timely manner.
- Operate as an ambassador for the tax department, driving process improvements and greater awareness of tax sensitive areas through proactive engagement with the business.
- Assist in the ongoing design of suitable Tax Controls and Governance framework, including maintenance of the employment tax risk register.
Required skills and experience:
- Professional tax qualification beneficial but not essential
- Previous experience of employment tax, either in-house or in a professional services firm
- Ability to research technical queries by analysing and interpreting tax legislation and HMRC guidance with correct application to the circumstances in question
- Very comfortable with managing, processing and analysing large amounts of data
- Ability to manage your own workload and juggle simultaneous projects
- Can operate in an entrepreneurial operation undergoing tremendous growth
- Can maintain project management on multiple strategic initiatives
- Excellent communication skills to liaise cross-functionally within the business, HMRC and professional advisors
- Excellent attention to detail, good judgement showing logical data-based decision making, and a hands-on approach
- The ability to work under tight deadlines, managing multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) whilst retaining integrity and attention to detail
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Adaptive communication skills with the ability to communicate complex advice in simple terms to non-tax stakeholders
- A real enthusiasm to get involved in all relevant tax projects
- Ability to work with staff members around the world to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Motivation and strong self-direction, with a structured and methodical approach to achieving results in a relatively informal business environment
- Highly numerate and detail oriented
- Strong presentation skills