When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
In this role you’ll be helping to solve some of the most challenging and exciting strategic questions we have to answer in order to become the definitive food business in The Netherlands. We are looking for a critical thinker to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive our NL business decisions & lead key projects. You will be instrumental in identifying opportunities to improve our operating model and in designing pragmatic solutions to the challenges we face.
You will be working in a team with exposure to the Management Team and will report to the Head of Strategy & Initiatives. The role is predominantly project-based. You will work closely with the local functional teams (commercial, operations, marketing) as well as Central and Product teams.
What you will do
- Working closely with the Head of Strategy & Initiatives and broader leadership team to define KPIs, understand what is driving performance, and what we can do to further improve on an ongoing basis
- You will take a company-wide perspective, build frameworks and support implementation of high impact projects.
- Leading strategic projects, coordinating across functions within the local teams and central teams to make sure we deliver.
- You will take initiative to diagnose areas of optimisation across different areas of the organisation and demonstrate hypothesis-driven problem-solving abilities, present findings, help translate into actionable plans, and action them.
- Working closely with the Head of Strategy and the central Finance & Strategy team in managing the development of monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting, performance, budget and headcount processes.
- You will foster collaboration throughout the organisation, locally and centrally
- Experience as a Business Analyst/Associate (or equivalent) in a top-tier consultancy or in the strategy and / or analytical function of a top-tier corporate
- Strong communication & stakeholder skills with the ability to influence others
- You have previously shown strong project management skills
- Solid Excel/Sheets and modelling skills i.e., pivot tables and INDEX MATCH
- You are able to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders. Able to communicate up to C-level
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in a start-up environment (or as an entrepreneur)
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo works with over 140,000 best-loved restaurants and grocery partners, as well as 150,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world. Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with around 2,000 employees in offices around the globe.
Deliveroo operates in nearly 800 locations across 11 markets, including Australia, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and the United Kingdom.