Senior AV Engineer, (Meetings and Events) - Enterprise Technology
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives and builds the IT services powering Deliveroo's teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually promote service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards customer delight.
As a Senior AV Engineer you will oversee all our audio visual needs at Deliveroo spanning meeting solutions, events plus other audio visual communication systems. If you have a passion for developing solutions that facilitate productive, collaborative and meetings and events, this role is right for you. The technical domain includes Google Meet Hardware and administration, Shure Audio systems, IPTV, Zoom and Zoom Rooms, LED walls, BlackMagic Cameras and technology, Android Tablets, AV networking and broadcast solutions.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Ensure the highest levels of customer experience in a collaborative environment with a focus on helping people resolve problems.
- Learn to anticipate and plan for needs (e.g. in advance of Firm-wide events or a Board meeting) rather than solely react to requests.
- Facilitate live streaming, scheduling content, dealing with pre-recordings, editing and uploading content.
- Provide premier events both in a virtual and hybrid environment for many partners including external parties
- Facilitate Town Halls and major events including in-person support for presenters.
- Be an advocate representing individuals and groups of users to ensure our fellow Deliveroo colleagues receive the best possible AV and Events experience.
- Participate in improving the whole lifecycle of Audio Visual and Events services—from creation and design, through to engineering, deployment, with primary focus upon reliable operations.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring indicators such as user feedback, availability, ticket trends, and overall service health against SLOs.
- Work with vendors to resolve issues, understand roadmaps and articulate applicable recommendations.
- Create quality documentation and records.
- Expertise with some of the following technologies:
- Google Meet including the related meeting ecosystem.
- Zoom, Teams, WebEx
- Shure audio systems
- OBS or similar streaming tools
- IPTV networks
- Live streaming and event recording
- Experience of control rooms, live streaming, scheduling content, dealing with pre-recordings, editing and uploading content,
- Have an understanding and operational experience of vision mixers, audio mixers, remote cameras, lighting, floor management and video wall processors
- Set up, test, calibrate, evaluate and commission equipment and devices for a fully functional AV system
- Troubleshooting experience (including when under pressure)
We're also interested in…
- Exposure to any of the following:
- ZenDesk / ServiceNow / Looker / Data Studio
- Blackmagic cameras and ATEM Switchers
- Yamaha sound systems
- DaVinci Resolve
- Experience creating insightful dashboards and presentations
- Exposure to any of Agile, DevOps, SDLC, ITIL and Lean.
- Relevant higher education and professional certifications such as Q-Sys, Extron, Christie, Crestron