Deliveroo launched in 2013. Fast forward to 2022, and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We’re already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Yet, most of the extraordinary value Deliveroo will generate lies ahead of us. To help us pave the path for 2022 and beyond, we’ve created a new team to lead on people operations and strategy for the business.
About the role
Your role will sit within our People Ops strategy & analysis team. You will help us deliver the infrastructure, processes and programs that support our employees across the globe. You may be involved in everything from helping to design and implement the tools and systems that we use through to helping us shape People policy and decisions that affect the whole company. This role is all about scale - helping us to build the People infrastructure that will support the company for the future years. You’ll have long-term set projects and responsibilities, but will also be expected to respond quickly to any challenges or incidents that may arise.
We’re looking for someone that has a passion for People and understands that building process & infrastructure can help the entire company run more efficiently and effectively.
This is an individual contributor role, but one that will have a lot of responsibility and impact on everything that our employees do.
What you’ll be doing
- Diagnosing issues in our existing People processes and designing scalable solutions to address them
- Collaborating with the People operations, HR and strategy teams to execute improvements in People processes
- Define our employment strategy to help scale the company efficiently
- Developing playbooks to ensure our processes are meeting the compliance requirements across all areas
- Improve our People policies by reviewing the competitive landscape and being the voice of employees internally to the leadership team
- Partnering with the real estate and facilities teams to develop our long term estate strategy including our remote work policy
What we’re looking for
- Experience of independently running large scale and complex People projects/ initiatives
- Experience of rolling out new people processes with Workday or similar people systems
- Strong ability to develop highly effective partnerships across all levels, applying influence without using formal authority to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior stakeholders and drive decision making by building project proposals/ providing structured recommendations
- Strong curiosity and a willingness to challenge the status quo while maintaining a collaborative approach
- Ability to re-prioritise projects on the go if required
- Incredible attention to detail
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
And we're just getting started.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo, we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.