At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As Global Pricing Director, you will be responsible for building and executing on Deliveroo’s consumer pricing strategy globally. You will use all pricing levers at your disposal to create a coherent, competitive and sustainable consumer pricing proposition, enabling us to meet our company objectives while improving value perception. You'll have ownership of our consumer-facing pricing levers including consumer facing delivery and service fees, minimum order values, as well as how price value is presented/merchandised on our site.
You will also directly manage a team of 4-5 experienced & high functioning pricing strategy managers with scope to grow the team further. You'll be responsible for driving commercial decisions with a direct impact on the P&L across all of our global markets, and improving Deliveroo’s value perception. You will also play a crucial role in defining & aligning on product strategy working closely with Product, Data Science and Engineering teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Define and implement the consumer pricing strategy which includes and is not limited to how we set & communicate consumer facing fees, minimum order values, food prices etc.
- Build a high performing strategic pricing team at Deliveroo.
- Partner closely with the local markets to craft pricing strategies that help them deliver on their strategic objectives
- Work closely with Product & Data Science leadership to define product strategy in line with the overall strategic objectives of pricing.
- Partner with other areas of the business e.g. Rider (Delivery), Restaurants, Grocery etc. to ensure consumer pricing maximises value created by the overall marketplace / business.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years work experience, including 5+ years building/managing high performing & strategic teams in high velocity environments
- Very strong analytical skills and commercial acumen; experience working with product & tech teams.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous & unstructured environments; experience in creating long term strategy/plans and delivering on it.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to influence CXO level leadership
- Knowledge of marketplace businesses and/or experience in high-growth tech companies is a plus;
- Experience with consumer pricing psychology is a plus
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.