As a Senior Manager and key member of the French Marketing leadership team, you will oversee all the National Marketing activations for France. This includes leading our local CRM strategy, managing our overall promotional activity and step changing our Restaurant Marketing approach in order to deliver best-in-class co-branded campaigns and promotional strategies that enable our partners’ growth, while delivering against our strategic and business goals. This role reports to the Marketing Director France, and leads a team of 8-10 people to manage.
What you’ll be doing :
- Grow brilliant partnerships with restaurant brands and build Joint marketing business plans : Work closely with our commercial teams to grow relationships with some of our largest restaurant partners, driving collaborative win:win activity and building joint annual marketing plans. This will include launching national brands onto our platform, as well as strengthening existing partnerships, including providing marketing inputs into key new contracts and contract renegotiations. This also includes involvement in promotional campaigns, restaurant specific activity, site-specific targeted support etc. Plans must be a combination of both short and long term impact, driving to provide partners with holistic marketing plans that measurably and sustainably drive win win value.
- Develop and manage the overall Restaurant Marketing plan, identifying the role of key partners and local partners, and how and when they feature as part of the overall FR Marketing Plan, ensuring we deliver against partner needs and drive growth for Deliveroo.
- Build Local CRM strategy for France : hand in hand with the central CRM team, you will develop a local CRM B2C plan that will showcase your Marketing and Activation plan throughout the year in order to give the right message to the right customer segment at the right time. This also includes setting up systematic A/B tests to build rationale on the best mechanics to roll out.
- Grow our Loyalty on Deliveroo : work on our existing Deliveroo Plus program to take it to the next level and boost loyalty to deliveroo by enriching the program with new benefits, work on acquisition campaigns and test new promotions to accelerate subscriptions.
- Define and optimize Promotion Strategy for France : in close collaboration with central Promotions team and Head of Hyperlocal in France, build, implement and iterate a framework for promotional strategy that enables us to scale campaigns efficiently and effectively. Lead Promotion calendar, integrating A/B testing and measuring impact to build an insight driven promotion strategy, both nationally and locally
- Cross-functional collaboration - work closely with performance marketing, Brand, CRM, PR & partnerships to co-develop initiatives and activity that best leverage selection and drive engagement with consumers.
- Coach and manage a team: Lead and develop your team of managers and associates to make them grow and evolve within our organisation
- 7-10 years minimum marketing experience leading 360 marketing campaigns, ideally in the food, technology, or FMCG sectors
- Superb relationship management skills and an ability to operate across levels
- Project management expertise and an ability to seamlessly handle competing demands and prioritize effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in both French and English
- Data-driven and consumer centric
- Growth mindset, bias towards collaboration and strong problem-solving skills
- Highly proactive, with an ability to set strategy and operate independently
- Previous consulting or partnerships experience, especially with restaurant groups or the food sector, a plus
- Team management experience is required
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 8 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 8 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.