As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows, we're looking for a motivated and intellectually curious Promo Strategy & Operations Executive to join our newly formed and expanding Central Promotions function. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Global Promotions and Discounting but work very closely with the Promo Strategy & Experimentation team, and the Regional Promo Manager, to both support on experimentation and drive direct impact for local markets.
You will be an integral part of our Promo squad, a cross-functional team composed of promo business owners, a product manager, engineers and data scientists who jointly set their mission and quarterly objectives, and work together to achieve them.
Your remit will be wide-ranging, but will primarily involve working with the central stakeholders (CRM, Data Science, Product), and with our markets to maximise the effectiveness of promotions and to support the optimal deployment of their discounting budgets. This will include advising them on their promotional calendar, using data to recommend the optimal promo mechanic for the market's business objective, and providing hands-on execution support to launch.
You will also contribute to the creation and evolution of Deliveroo’s promotional and discounting strategy, across both Deliveroo-funded and Restaurant/Partner-funded promos and discounts. You will help set our experimentation agenda, and support the creation, analysis, and execution of promo experiments, helping us achieve a deeper understanding of the types of promo mechanics and discounts we should run to drive customer growth, improve value-for-money perception (or drive other key objectives), whilst also being financially sustainable.
Success in this role will require being able to build productive relationships with internal stakeholders & local markets, taking initiative, applying a data-driven lens to solving challenges, and driving to fast execution.
What you'll be doing
- Help build and execute our global consumer-centric promotional strategy and frameworks, tailoring them as fit for each local market
- Support the Strategy & Experimentation managers to create and execute on Test & learn agendas to deepen our understanding of offers, promotions and discounts and the role they play
- Work with Data Science to analyse effectiveness of different offer types/discount depth and mechanics
- Execute on our promotional strategy, from ideation to cross-functional alignment and promotion setup
- Understand incrementality and impact of different promotional mechanics where Deliveroo operates
- Provide competitor analyses and insights to help the business understanding market landscape and gaps to competition
- Support to the Regional Promo Manager to run governance processes and tighter oversight of Deliveroo-funded discounting budget to drive smarter investments
- Collaborate with local markets to create a compelling consumer-led promotional calendar
- Monitor promo budgets and advise on any required changes or reallocation of spend
- Operationally manage the execution of promos in priority markets: provide visibility and transparency around how the discounting budget is being used and impact it is driving
- Bachelor's Degree (Marketing, Business, or STEM preferred) or strong relevant experience
- You're both analytical & commercial and you enjoy interpreting data to develop insight and recommendations
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- You're experienced at planning, organising, prioritising and building simultaneous projects at once.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas, and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can manage multiple cross-departmental stakeholders; communicating at all levels.
- Highly computer literate with Excel and PowerPoint
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.