Workforce Planning Manager, Hop - Job Description
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and International markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo HOP team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop has ambitious expansion plans, both in the UK and Internationally. Key to this expansion is the ability to recruit and retain top talent to work in our stores.
As the Workforce Planning Manager you will be responsible for analysing, forecasting and fulfilling the workforce requirements for Deliveroo Hop as we scale. You will work closely with the recruiting teams to help to introduce detailed resource planning methodologies in order to drive efficiencies and bring a consistency of approach to all markets, all in a fast-paced, high growth environment. As part of this role, you will also have oversight and management of our Managed Service Provider (MSP) ensuring they are delivering in line with agreed contractual SLAs.
We need a data driven leader who can hit the ground running; a self-starter who is comfortable in creating and implementing procedures from scratch, and who would revel in the opportunity to make a significant mark on the business.
- Analyse, forecast and fulfil the workforce requirements for Deliveroo Hop across markets as we scale
- Build and deploy reliable workforce planning processes that account for local nuances across all markets
- Manage our Managed Service Provider (MSP), ensuring they are delivering in line with agreed contractual SLAs
- Produce accurate workload forecasts accounting for trends and seasonality
- Produce simulations and what-if scenarios to assist with business cases and providing headcount and cost projections to support managerial decision making
- Conduct impact assessments in support of continuous improvement and change projects
- Experience in producing accurate workload forecasts and scaling rapidly growing organisations
- Experience managing outsource providers and/or Managed Service Providers
- Excellent excel skills (SQL a bonus), with experience in collecting data, and producing analysis and reports to drive decision making
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Entrepreneurial mindset - comfortable in a highly ambiguous and fast paced environment, able to take responsibility from day one and work independently by following processes and own directions