Senior Platform Security Specialist
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company that is secure and protects the data and money of our customers, employees and investors.
As a Platform Security Engineer you will use your cloud knowledge to plan future developments, managing and improving CICD processes and push an automated security delivery approach. You will evangelise security best practices in a fast paced development environment.
Reporting to the Head of Product Security, this hands-on technical role will be working on a range of security projects and activities. You will be directly influencing the security posture of many applications and products across the company to ensure that security plays a key part in the development and engineering life cycles.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with Security and Engineering teams to incorporate strong security controls, apply security best practices in our development life cycle, and mitigate risks and security vulnerabilities.
- Promote and drive the implementation of a platform security architecture that supports Engineering’s goals and deliverables, through collaboration, design, requirements, and code.
- Implement technical prototypes to understand new technologies as well as identify and manage risks for projects in active development.
- Contribute to improving Deliveroo’s platform security patterns, security controls and best practices.
- Mentor team members and engineers on security best practices, educate engineers by scaling up security champions
- Implement a framework for security best practice, threat modelling, and security input into design reviews.
- 5+ years software development and security engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Security certifications ( CISSP, CEH, SANS, CREST, OCSP )
- Experience with securing cloud native technologies such as, Kubernetes, Docker, Registries, Serverless, etc.
- Passion for building secure, reliable and scalable distributed systems in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Strong hands-on experience with AWS services and security controls.
- Proficiency with writing code and comfortable with languages such as e.g, Python, Go, NodeJS, Rust, Swift / Kotlin.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and using automation tools like Terraform.
- Solid understanding of what it takes to build and operate secure systems at scale.
- Excellence at creating clarity and alignment for technical initiatives.
Preferred, but not required:
- A mix of consulting and industry experience.
- Experience with Bug bounty programmes.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly