When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
And we’re just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
You will be a part of the team responsible for the operational performance of the delivery network in France, encompassing reliability, availability and efficiency. You ensure that we have the right number of riders on the road in the right place at the right time. Additionally, you optimise the rider’s experience of working with Deliveroo whilst taking into consideration the customer’s delivery experience and the wider priorities of the business.
Your responsibilities include:
- Improve delivery performance in newly launched zones thanks to specific frameworks and your analytical skills.
- Using a range of measures and levers, ensure that we have enough riders at the right time and place to match customer needs
- Coordinate with stakeholders from other departments to prepare upcoming operational changes as supporting hyper local challenges
- Successfully execute projects in line with business priorities and within given deadlines.
- First experience preferred in a analytical position - able to use large data sets (Excel/GSheets/Looker, SQL is a plus) to extract the relevant information to both identify and resolve issues
- Strategic - able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business
- Effective communicator - able to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders
- Track record of ‘getting things done’ - know when you have enough insight to make a call and apply the 80 / 20 rule - rapid high quality decisions
- Team player - able to work as part of a team and engage stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- Have an opinion - know your stuff, have an opinion, be prepared to debate it, and come to the best solution for Deliveroo
- Currently studying for a Masters degree
- Fluent French and English speaker
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you have helped build. We're moving real assets and reinventing the logistics of food delivery
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- The opportunity to make an impact and grow with the business
- Regular off-sites with the team
- Office lunches on Fridays and more than enough free food from Deliveroo
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.