Enterprise Architect - Enterprise Technology
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards excellence.
As an Enterprise Architect you will be responsible for establishing and proactively developing strategy, architecture and roadmaps across numerous business products touching domains from IAM and office networking through to SaaS and ITSM. The environment is predominantly made up of SaaS and cloud-based systems serving office-based and remote workers globally.
Your knowledge of modern, practical EA and leadership skills will help teams design and evolve solutions bringing exciting technology to life. You're a visionary who optimises for business outcomes and never stops seeking improvements, even small changes that can make a huge impact. Your enthusiasm, technical & business depth, and engagement skills will influence stakeholders to drive further customer success. You will be responsible for consulting and aligning Enterprise Technology and broader business stakeholders to build strategies, processes and valuable assets.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop consultative relationships, demonstrate thought leadership, provide guidance and become a trusted advisor to decision-makers and a wide range of senior stakeholders and colleagues across the business including many internationally. Hypothetical examples could include advising Finance how to make their data more accessible for analysis tools, reviewing the framework approach to automating core People applications such as Workday, collaborating with Marketing to develop a roadmap for acquiring new applications ensuring we don’t make duplicative investment decisions. A very substantial proportion of your time will be spent working with people outside of ET and require learning how each business function operates.
- Establish and foster visible architectural principles and practices to build reusable designs and systems that promote reliability, velocity, scale, security and efficiency.
- Engage in, investigate and mature approaches to sustainably scale the end-to-end lifecycle of Enterprise Technology services—from inception and design, through deployment, operations and planned retirement.
- Visibly deliver value early and often
- Where applicable, ensure considerations such as cloud-native patterns, automation, APIs, self-service, redundancy, HA, DR, InfoSec compliance, monitoring, QoS, ITSM are consistently implemented as part of designs.
- Produce and maintain high-quality documentation, designs, presentations, and plans
- Own the strategic architecture roadmap and portfolio, managing technical and architectural dependencies across projects and deliverables, in partnership with delivery leaders.
- Act as or support the design/project authority on projects and changes ensuing standards and good practices are adhered to.
- Work with multiple partners and vendors in the delivery and operation of services
- A genuine business-focused strategic, though visibly impactful, architectural background rather than solely solution engineering.
- Successful experience of initiating and driving technology change and processes from scratch with the ability to delve into detail when required.
- Familiarity with the processes of common business domains such as Finance, Sales, Marketing, HR functions.
- Confident in effective stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organisation – subject matter experts, functional leads, C-Suite - and going beyond transactional interactions.
- Excellent ability to develop and present proposals and reports backed with analysed and visualised data
- Driven, self-starter without requiring close supervision, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation
- A thorough understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, common SaaS architectures and the full lifecycle of application management.
- In-depth expertise with some of the following:
- ServiceNow / ZenDesk / BetterCloud / Snow / Looker / Data Studio
- Workday / Greenhouse / HRIS systems
- End User Computing including Jamf/InTune
- Popular SaaS applications
- Google Workspace (G Suite) / Atlassian tools / Git
- Office Networking
- Ability to collate, interrogate and analyse raw data to distill valuable meaning
We’re also interested in…
- Experience of influence and partnership without direct authority over people
- IT Service Management knowledge
- Relevant higher education and professional certifications
- Excellent market awareness and commercial-savvy
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, or SRE patterns.
- Good awareness of architectural methodologies
Integration to complete