Tax Policy Lead
This is an exciting opportunity to join the tax team of a dynamic, fast growing, technology business supporting the expansion of its operation and activities. This is a brand new role as part of a growing tax team and will play a critical role in developing Deliveroo’s tax policy strategy. This includes proactive engagement with tax policy makers in the markets in which we operate and management of our relationships with the relevant teams in the group. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of Deliveroo’s overall tax strategy.
As the Tax Policy Lead you will have the opportunity to work with the broader tax team to ensure that the team is aware of all local, international and global tax policy activity, manage the responses and level of engagement with the various representative bodies and, continue to grow the relationships within the Group with the policy and public affairs teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as a focal point for tax policy matters within Deliveroo.
- Monitor international legislative and tax policy developments (local, EU and OECD) and assess impact to Deliveroo.
- Develop a tax policy strategy and roadmap for Deliveroo.
- Engage with the relevant tax team specialists to assess, develop and execute responses (where applicable) to active consultations and more informal working groups and industry representative bodies.
- Build on the existing relationships within the HQ team and local teams across Policy, Public Affairs, Finance and Legal to collaborate and coordinate policy related activity.
- Nurture and expand your network outside Deliveroo.
- Provide regular updates and presentations on tax policy matters to internal stakeholders.
- Produce financial analysis of the impacts of potential measures and the various outcomes that new tax policies will produce.
- Assist the tax team with various other projects where applicable (additional scope dependent on profile candidate).
- University degree, CTA or other similar tax credentials preferred.
- A real interest in the changing landscape of international taxation and the tax experience to be able to assess what potential tax areas may be impacted.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment.
- Due to the specialised nature of the role, 5 years + of experience in a role with strong exposure to tax policy is desirable, although other relevant experience will be considered.
- An advantage but not critical is:
- Previous experience of an in-house role.
- Previous experience in a tax policy role at a government or multilateral organization.
- Deep technical expertise of international tax and/or transfer pricing.
- A real can do attitude to successfully embed a new role into the tax team and the wider group.
- You love food and have a sense of humour (essential).
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a relatively small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (mostly) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.