As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows, we’re looking for a passionate and intellectually curious Trading Associate to join our expanding Plus team. We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there around how to drive behavioural and attitudinal loyalty with our consumers. Deliveroo Plus is right at the heart of the strategic direction of our global business - and you will have the opportunity to own projects from end-to-end.
As a Trading Associate, you’ll provide the analytical driven insights to support decision making, identify underlying drivers of performance of the Plus programme, support quarterly reviews and help report on performance. Success in this role will require development of effective working relationships across Deliveroo, particularly with senior stakeholders in local markets.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on Plus performance, delivering weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews on market level performance, answering ad hoc queries. This includes both developing and automating dashboards and presenting to business stakeholders in a clear and practical way.
- Understand the underlying drivers of performance of the Plus programme in individual markets and assess levers we can pull to help us achieve our goals
- Partner with Data Engineering teams to manage data requirements such as schema requirements and data format to support high-quality deliverables
Analysis to support decision making
- Provide insightful, high-quality data-led analysis to support decision making in the context of wider business implications. This includes supporting with market investment requests assessing the impact and efficiency of different tactics.
- Identify customer trends and uncover areas of opportunity to support scenario planning.
- Analyse internal customer data using database queries - exercise advanced knowledge of SQL to extract critical information and business value from data contained in multiple databases and formats
The successful candidate will have advanced analytical and technical skills, enabling them to identify appropriate opportunities and execute analysis with a statistically robust approach. The ability to communicate effectively to a range of stakeholders with varying technical capabilities will be essential to success in the role.
- 3+ years of data analysis in a strategic or commercial role (would suit someone who has experience working in banking/private equity/consultancy or for a high growth tech finance team)
- Experience drawing raw data and creating dashboards (e.g. Looker)
- Advanced analytical skills in manipulating and visualising data (SQL is a must, Excel, Looker)
- Ability to work with large, complex and interlinked datasets to make balanced decisions.
- Experience influencing stakeholders at various levels
- Excellent commercial acumen - an analytical problem solver with the ability to effectively articulate findings
- The ability to read a P&L and/or an understanding of cost and revenue
- A problem solver with the ability to effectively articulate findings
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.