Corporate Business Development Manager
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
The primary role of Corporate Business Development Managers is to engage with new corporations and have them sign Deliveroo for Business, our dedicated corporate service, as an official partner for their office food needs (find out more about our Deliveroo for Business product here - https://deliveroo.co.uk/business). You will also liaise between Deliveroo and our Corporate
Customers to provide a world-class Deliveroo experience.
The responsibilities of the Corporate Business Development Manager are:
- Growing the number of new corporate accounts in our target sectors
- Strategising and assisting in the development of systems and processes to enhance the corporate sales process and shorten the sales cycle
- Identifying opportunities for growth in new verticals and use cases
- Liaising with Account Managers to manage all corporate account requests
- Assisting with general marketing activities including events, content and performance marketing, email campaigns and corporate client offers
- Playing a role in growing our corporate business as a whole, including developing our corporate operations, customer service, account management and marketing capabilities
The ideal candidate will have strong commercial acumen, with an affinity for analytics and customer service. They will have a strong understanding of corporate business practices, and will be able to successfully pitch to senior stakeholders, to continuously grow our corporate offering.
- Previous experience within a B2B sales role, with a proven track record of succeeding in challenging negotiations (with Enterprises would be a bonus)
- A passion for sales, finding creative solutions to issues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Experience within a fast-paced environment, a proven ability to navigate a complex organisation
- Entrepreneurial spirit
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.