Deliveroo HOP launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo HOP promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo HOP are building a network of stores across Manchester, the UK and other markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo HOP and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo HOP team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
Lead and run the day-to-day operations, team and performance of one of our Deliveroo HOP sites
What you’ll be doing
- Lead with the Deliveroo values and ensure your teams follow suit.
- Demonstrate operational excellence by meeting operational KPI targets.
- Maintain good relations to uphold Deliveroo’s positive reputation with external parties such as neighbours, landlords, contractors, etc.
- Ensure sites are well maintained to reduce the need for repair works.
- Ensure the correct policies, procedures and protocols are in place to ensure high standards and food safety is met.
- Liaise with your various counterparts in Commercial, Account Management and Rider Operations teams to improve overall operational performance
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience in a fast paced warehouse/delivery environment
- Great knowledge of food safety and health and safety compliance requirements
- First Aid training ideal (training provided if required)
- Experience in leading a team. Can demonstrate excellent communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in recruiting, training, and developing team members as well as succession planning
- Highly organized individual with the ability to apply project management skills to tackle various challenges
- A good understanding and track record in managing and influencing the P&L and KPIs performance of your business
- Tech-savvy and comfortable working with numbers and using data to inform your decisions.
- ‘Can do, never give up’ attitude and the desire to grow and succeed with one of the world's fastest growing food-tech companies.
- Proven track record of meeting targets and stock control.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Warehouse experience is preferred but not essential
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.