Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for care, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
Financial Systems & its mission
Financial Systems is the engine that powers the real-time movement of billions of pounds a quarter within our marketplace. This means enabling consumers to pay with their preferred payment method, riders to access flexible earnings, and restaurants to expand their offering. It also includes our accounting platform which guarantees complete, accurate and timely figures, to easy-to-access earnings for restaurants, grocers and riders. The role is a highly engaging mix of both user and platform-focussed problem spaces. You’ll be doing this at vast scale -- with millions of consumer transactions each day, and tens of millions of payments out each month.
We are looking for a Product leader with deep experience in the payments space to join the Financial Systems group and help us to build cutting edge solutions that take our teams to the next level.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll set -- and land -- the company’s vision in this space and energise colleagues across all areas about the strategic advantage it can create.
- You’ll lead a team of Managers of Managers solving problems across the space.
- Reporting into the CPO you’ll be leading an overall team of 8 PMs and PM leads.
- Key responsibilities will include developing new payments products that add to our value proposition for all sides of the marketplace, scaling our systems to support ambitious year on year growth, and shaping the long-term vision for how the area becomes a piece of strategic advantage for Deliveroo.
- You have previous success as a Product Leader in Payments
- You are both strategic and highly detail-oriented and thrive in environments where impact and speed of execution while building for scale are paramount
- You’ve created frameworks and principles that enable orgs to be successful
- You are adept at influencing leadership and your peers to land strategic imperatives
- You have a track record of collaborating with engineering, design and data science leadership to tackle ambiguous problems and set directions for cross-discipline teams
- You understand when and how to run different kinds of A/B-tests; use both leading indicators and business metrics; and drive sensible decision-making even where statistical significance is low
- You’re a well-respected mentor, able to coach senior product managers and more junior team leaders across the org.
- Are highly analytical and can collaborate effectively with Data Scientists to define new measurement frameworks, make data-led decisions and contribute to financial planning
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of attractive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.