Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the Role:
We’re searching for a caring and experienced People Leader who is passionate about all things ‘People’ and who can help us scale quickly and effectively across India.
With an office based in Hyderabad, we’re building a diverse, highly skilled Tech team that will work closely with the existing UK and Poland Tech Engineering, Data Science, Product & Experience teams. You will have experience in what good looks like (from a People perspective) and bring your skills, knowledge and expertise in order to build things from scratch in India.
You will be a considered leader who can help create a dynamic, inclusive, fun culture but ensure we’re compliant as we grow things quickly. Your advisory skills will be exceptional - you will inspire managers and motivate their teams to build awesome things.
Your ability to communicate and partner with central teams in the UK will be critical to the success of this role. You will be expected to support the roll out of global and cyclical programmes but ensure they are suitable/adapted for the local team, as needed. You would also be expected to help establish a benefits offering for the employees in India.
You will be expected to deliver a people strategy for your market and share back progress against this plan. This role will be reporting directly to the VP of Tech / India Site Lead with a dotted line to our Head of HR in the UK. You’ll be a member of the Indian Management team too. You’ll be passionate about Deliveroo and helping the Tech site get off to the strongest start.
Please note candidates for this role are required to be fluent in English.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with managers on how to develop and implement the right people and organisational solutions to execute against the department strategy
- Lead the facilitation and management of all people programs rollout within your market (performance/compensation reviews, employee engagement surveys etc)
- Ability to take a long term perspective, advise on organisational challenges, and offer solutions and drive implementation
- Prepare presentations and data/insights analysis working with other People Team members and subject matter experts as required
- Develop and deliver learning programs for our people. You’ll equip managers with the tools and knowledge to conduct performance reviews, provide effective feedback and help them develop their coaching skills.
- Manage a People Services Administrator
- Oversee payroll processes and keep abreast of market trends as they relate to compensation and benefits
- Be a strong culture carrier!
- 8+ Human Resources experience with 5+ of HR Business Partner experience in a fast paced constantly evolving organisation
- Experience should include a focus on performance management and talent development, organisational design, and leadership coaching
- Demonstrated effective multitasking skills, tenacity, and strong attention to detail
- Must have strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills (across all mediums) and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organisation. You will be partnering with a complex set of stakeholders to drive organisational change
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and business acumen
- Keen to continue learning and developing their skills, having a growth mindset
- Comfortable switching between operational and strategic HR - knowledge of India labour laws & regulations a plus
- Experience with Workday or HRIS system
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Fluent in written and verbal English
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.