When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing...
- You’ll work closely with the Operations Performance Manager to problem solve and implement solutions for key operational issues using data.
- Monitoring and analysing operational performance of specific neighbourhoods and delivery zones, preparing for and presenting at performance review meetings with senior stakeholders
- Collaborating with stakeholders across Sales, Operations and Marketing to provide analytical support and reporting for both internal use and for our key restaurant partners
- Working with the operations team on key projects to help us achieve our 2022-2023 goals
- Take the lead on monitoring our delivery network in real time, and being the ‘go to’ person when it comes to live performance, event planning and service metrics
Skills you’ll need…
The ideal candidate is highly analytical with a strong set of organisational skills and a keen attention to detail. You’ll be able to think strategically and validate your assumptions with data. You enjoy thinking on your feet, using your initiative and executing at high speed. Once any process is in place you’ll seamlessly absorb it into your workflow. A great opportunity for a hungry graduate or someone looking to take the next step in their career.
You should also be:
- Driven, hard-working and agile. We move fast at Deliveroo and you’ll be comfortable with the same
- Extremely analytical and have a passion for detail and data crunching
- Resourceful, creative, and with a keen eye for leveraging data insights to help our team make more insightful business decisions. You’re detail-oriented and able to maintain a high level of accuracy across all aspects of your work.
- Proficient in using Excel. Experience with Python, SQL or other analytical software is a plus
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- 20 days of Annual Holiday Leave plus public holidays
- Weekly Exercise classes close to the office
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.