Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist you will have the opportunity to define, implement and lead an operational threat intelligence sharing and proactive hunting capability. You’ll be part of a growing Security Operations team who are focused on detecting attacks against a backdrop of an ever-advancing cyber threat landscape with automation at the heart of everything we do. While we have some practices in place, you’ll need to design processes and technology requirements from scratch to best support our Security maturity journey.
The role is a unique opportunity to directly influence the overall Security Operations strategy where you can harness our existing process and technology investments and bring new ways of working to help us protect our employees, customers, riders and restaurants. As we continue to grow our business, your specialist capabilities will play a key part in our story.
What you’ll be doing
- Define, build and operate a threat intelligence strategy designed to inform business strategy, mature processes and optimise technology platforms
- Research current and emerging threats, curate data from disparate sources to formulate actionable tactical, operational and strategic threat intelligence reports
- Build automation to ingest data feeds which fortify existing security platforms
- Identify new and develop existing intelligence sharing platforms and data feeds
- Monitor, assess and catalog adversarial infrastructure to support law enforcement investigative activity
- Proactively hunt for web, email, host and cloud-based threats with a particular focus on the activity from organised criminal groups, hacktivists and identifying novel malware infection vectors
- Support and develop cyber threat testing initiatives, ensuring real-world attack scenarios are exercised and areas for continuous improvement are identified
- Provide support and insight to internal investigations and support proactive threat detection initiatives
- Work across the Security team to implement intelligence-driven incident response processes
- Cultivate relationships with internal and external contacts to continuously build on intelligence sources
- Previous experience working in an intelligence environment, ideally as an intelligence researcher or analyst
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a clear ability to communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Ability to use structured analytic processes to analyse high volumes of threat intelligence data
- Excellent working knowledge of the NIST cyber security framework
- Excellent working knowledge of offensive security techniques including methods to attack cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of the latest vulnerabilities, exploits and malware used to target Mac, Windows, Unix and Container environments
- Be exceptionally passionate about cyber security and keeping pace with an ever advancing threat landscape
Preferred, but not required
- Experience analysing malware affecting multiple operating systems
- Demonstrable coding skills with familiarity in multiple languages
- GCTI, CREST Registered Threat Intelligence Analyst or other equivalent technical certification
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.