Business Development Manager (Mandarin)
The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Chinese Category team is responsible for driving the growth of Chinese restaurants across UK&I. As part of the Chinese Category team, you will manage relationships with the most exciting Chinese restaurants in your city and region. Our partnerships with Chinese restaurants is key to Deliveroo and we are building a team of commercially savvy, entrepreneurial and ambitious individuals to help us fulfil our potential.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our UKI Chinese Category. Reporting to the Chinese Category Lead, this is an exciting opportunity to drive the growth of Chinese restaurants across UKI. The role will be commercially focused and require cross-functional collaboration with teams across the Deliveroo business (e.g. Restaurant Support, Marketing, etc) to ensure the Chinese Category is performing to its best.
You will work with best performing Chinese restaurants, build relationships with them, seek to understand their businesses, and use your analytical skills to drive growth and profitability. For the right candidate, this position has a strong opportunity for progression and will jump-start a successful career within the tech space.
What you’ll be doing
- Map, prospect, pitch and close Chinese Restaurants in a very methodical and organised fashion.
- Communicate (physical visits, emails, WeChat, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Oversee the restaurant on-boarding process to ensure it is as quick, efficient and seamless as possible
- Ensure restaurant success within the first eight weeks from signing
- Sample food from a variety of high quality establishments
- Attend restaurant and food meet ups
- Fluent speaker and writer in Mandarin (and Cantonese would be a bonus!)
- 1-4 years professional experience
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong project and time-management skills
- Strong commercial acumen and foundation data analysis skills
- Ability to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- An interest in all things food and restaurants
- Experience in business development is a plus
- Experience in F&B industry is a plus
- Curiosity: you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- The right to work in the United Kingdom without visa sponsorship
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation