In this role you’ll be finding solutions to some of the toughest and most exciting operational questions we must answer at Deliveroo. We are looking for a critical thinker to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive our global business decisions. You will be instrumental in identifying opportunities to improve (or radically change) our operating model and in designing scalable and pragmatic solutions to the challenges we face.
You will be working in a dynamic team with exposure to the Chief Marketplace Officer and will report to the Global Operations Strategy Manager. The role is predominantly project-based, with a focus on high-impact global projects. You will work closely with Local, Central and Product teams in all areas of the business. We are growing fast, and this role offers the opportunity for rapid progression for the right individual.
You will work closely with the following stakeholders:
- Global Operations and Commercial teams – to shape the customer proposition, and subsequently the requisite operating model, through a robust and analytical approach
- Local Operations teams – to drive and materialise continual enhancement in the rider proposition
- Tech teams – to inform and influence priorities and/or products that have the most impact on customer and rider experiences
- Central functions such as Finance, Policy and Legal – to ensure we can achieve our objectives profitably and within the constraints of evolving legal environments
Qualities we’re looking for
- IMPACT DRIVEN: You’ll work on high-impact global operations projects. These range from designing and rolling out new operational capabilities (e.g. accepting cash as a payment method) to enhancing our consumer offering (e.g. improving our scheduled orders process), or driving innovative solutions with Product teams to reduce the number of late orders.
- ANALYTICAL AND COLLABORATIVE: There will definitely be some number-crunching and / or data modelling involved, but your role will also be about stepping back – you’ll need to see the bigger picture and understand how your insights are aligned with the direction the business is heading in. You should also be proactive in gathering input from relevant stakeholders to co-create pragmatic solutions.
- DECISIVE AND INFLUENTIAL: You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with making quick yet calculated decisions, even in times of ambiguity. You also need to make recommendations of changes, which could (or perhaps, should) be game-changing and communicate them across the business persuasively. More importantly, you must have a strong desire to galvanise action within Deliveroo.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 2-3 years of experience in Consulting or a strategy-related function
- Has a deep desire to solve real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions
- Can prioritise effectively as well as lead multiple project workstreams concurrently and independently
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
- Experience as a Business Analyst/Associate (or equivalent) in a top-tier consultancy or in the strategy function of a top-tier corporate, or in a high-growth startup / scaleup
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Solid Excel and modelling skills i.e., pivot tables and INDEX MATCH
- Effective PowerPoint skills in terms of speed and quality of output
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in a start-up environment (or as an entrepreneur)
Note: this role is London-based (remote working from overseas is not possible)
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.