When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a Senior CRM Executive within the Lifecycle & Automation team you’ll be central to delivering automation effectively to enhance customer experiences, improve operational efficiencies and ultimately grow our bottom line through the successful implementation of our CRM life-cycle roadmap.
Reporting into the CRM Lifecycle Manager you’ll initiate, build, proof, test, send and own automated campaigns that support and enhance our customer lifecycle strategy. Overall, you'll want to create campaigns that are meaningful to customers, deliver across the right channels at the right time and that have a positive impact on the customer and the business.You'll sit within the CRM team, but work very closely with teams from across the whole business, including our Product, Engineering and Data Science teams.
You’ll be a passionate and technical email marketer, who consistently puts the customer at the centre of their decision making and campaign execution. You'll be the kind of person who can’t wait to look at your metrics soon after a send, and you'll get excited about new ideas, new channels and new campaigns.You'll work well with others and arrive at kick-off meetings for a new campaign full of ideas (based on what we've learnt through data and your own inspiration).
To Do All Of This, You'll
- Plan, build and execute automated cross-channel communications, campaigns and programs in a flexible and timely manner
- Manage set-up and configuration of data-driven campaigns to deliver engagement,
- consideration & conversions
- Work with stakeholders to create and implement test strategies, including A/B/MVT
- testing that optimises performance of new & existing campaigns
- Develop working practices, alongside the CRM Lifecycle Manager, to improve
- operational rigeur, documentation, knowledge sharing and stakeholder comms
- Oversee campaigns from creation to execution, including analysis and reporting
- Build emails, push notifications and in app messages
- Be comfortable with data targeting, segmentation & analysis - pulling it, manipulating
- it and interpreting it
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders to ensure workloads & deadlines are
- managed efficiently (we love Slack channels for everything)
- Conduct post campaign reporting, pulling out the most interesting lessons and using
- these to guide your future ideas
- Bachelor's Degree (Marketing or Business preferred) or strong relevant experience
- A minimum of 3-4 years email application experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years of building automated, life-cycle CRM communications
- Highly computer literate with:
- HTML familiarity (ability to understand where changes need to be made)
- CSS (preferable)
- Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop (preferred)
- Email coding (responsive design)
- Email deployment experience (Braze experience preferred)
- Data visualisation tools (Looker experience preferred)
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.