Payroll Administrator - 6 /12 month Fixed Term Contract
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and other markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo Hop team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
Now, let’s get down to business…
- Collect and check and input timekeeping information via our time and attendance system
- Collect and Input all required new starter documentation such as P45 and New Starter Checklist
- To action all necessary work in relation to wages, Pensions, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay and general absence as per policies and legislation
- Partner closely with the People Operations team to ensure all inputs for contractual changes and any variable input are confirmed, included within agreed KPIs and SLAs
- Manage employee payroll related queries and proactive communication of changing local and social insurance regulations
- Providing information and employee payroll related statistics for local wage surveys
- Provide support and handle escalations in a timely manner, managing internal and external stakeholders effectively in the process
- To have up to date knowledge of legislation in relation to payroll & Pensions
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years Payroll experience
- Experience with HCM Platforms (ideally Workday, Deputy, Zendesk)
- Demonstrable experience in HR and Finance Operations;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a reactive environment with conflicting demands, and be comfortable with ambiguity;
- Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve challenges and issues;
- Strong Excel and G Sheet experience
- Experience in high growth and / or tech start up environments.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.