Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo HOP launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo HOP promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo HOP are building a network of stores across London, the UK and other markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo HOP and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo HOP team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
Joining our HR Business Partnering Team, the HR Ops Partner will work directly with Site Operations Management (Head of Site Operations, Area Operations Managers & Site Managers) for both the Editions & Hop Businesses, to ensure we are able to build, scale and maintain a capable and engaged workforce.
This is a site based role, and will involve travel to each of our London based locations on a regular basis in order to ensure our employees feel supported and to ensure we have our finger on the employee pulse.
The HR Ops Partner is accountable for:
- Providing HR policy, advice and guidance to site based employees
- Partnering with site management and Learning Partner to proactively identify capability gaps and implement / deliver solutions to address eg: line manager training
- Partnering with site management to proactively identify engagement gaps and implement solutions to address (taking data from Engagement survey tool and general employee listening)
- Proactively addressing people issues arising, including but not limited to supporting the business with performance issues
- Proactively partnering with site management on workforce planning, ensuring our recruitment team are aware of demand and all sites are staffed appropriately
- Proactively partnering with site management to identify talent and development opportunities across site based teams
- Overseeing performance review, promotion and compensation review processes, ensuring consistency across site based teams
In parallel the role holder is accountable for:
- Partnering with HQ People & Recruiting teams to ensure site employees views are represented and central processes being developed are fit for purpose for site based teams
- Reviewing and refining existing people & recruiting processes to ensure these are fit for purpose for site based employees
- Developing new People and recruiting processes (as required)
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space