Who We Are
Our ambition is to be the definitive food company, feeding people three times a day with great food from the World's best-loved restaurants, all with an unparalleled level of convenience.
From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey, in real-time, to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
We work with thousands of restaurants worldwide, from renowned local gems to your favourite chains, allowing them to open up a new revenue stream and reach new customers. Our restaurant partners, riders and customers are as passionate about food as we are, and if you want to affect millions of users by solving some of the biggest technical challenges at great scale, come on board and join the ride.
We are the Financial Integrity (FI) team at Deliveroo. We oversee the accurate and reliable capture and reporting of money movements throughout the three-side marketplace. As we continue to grow post-IPO our function has become more and more central to the continuing and future successes of the company.
It is difficult to find any major features offered by Deliveroo that are not in some way supported and enabled by our work - the three-sided marketplace is underpinned by the frameworks and custom services we put in place to support them. Our work does not stop with those three groups; we are also responsible for the accurate reporting of financial and related data to our finance, tax and compliance teams, allowing Deliveroo to meet its financial, legal and regulatory obligations worldwide.
- Deliveroo is a high growth organisation and as the Financial Integrity engineering leader you will have impact on the strategy of how we manage the recording of money movement throughout the organisation.
- The scope of the role spans the whole organisation. You will lead the team but influence technical and product decisions across the organisation.
- Financial Integrity gives you the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of how the definitive food company operates. This gives great future growth opportunities.
- Gain experience handling money movement in a high volume, complex technical and business domain.
What will you do?:
- Contribute to, influence and lead the development of new features for financial systems, improving accuracy, transparency and auditability of money movements throughout the organisation.
- Work across engineering groups to ensure financial principles are followed throughout the company, not just within our group.
- Partner with product managers to establish and provide the strategic roadmap.
- Work with our partners (finance, tax, compliance teams) to ensure all software and services meet the standards.
- You will be the line manager for one or more teams of engineers.
- Grow a diverse, accomplished group of engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace.
- Create a learning environment for your team and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders.
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale.
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers building and deploying large-scale projects internationally.
What you need to have:
- Experience following best practice around the delivery of business-critical services.
- Experience as a line manager to a team.
- Software engineering experience building user-focused products at pace.
- A collaborative style, to encourage your team to improve their code.
- You set goals and offer advice, setting your team up for success.
- You're a natural recruiter, passionate about building your team.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexuality, disability, age, marital, parental or veteran status, or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.