This is a varied, fast-paced role where you will play a key role supporting the supply of restaurant and rider kits worldwide. The Supply Chain team coordinates the provision of kit from manufacturers to each of our markets throughout the world, distributing annually over 1.5M units of apparel to our 110,000+ Riders and tech equipment to our 140,000+ restaurants.
To achieve this goal the Supply Chain team is constantly evolving, so the role requires an analytical mindset and a strong desire to creatively find solutions to the unique requirements of Deliveroo. Identifying and delivering appropriate solutions, whilst continuing to drive efficiency and process improvement, is critical to the success of the team. You will be trusted to work autonomously in the supply chain organisation, with work streams that can at times be ambiguous. You would be comfortable to contribute in defining ways of working and driving greater efficiencies.
You will work closely with the Operations, Marketing and Local teams to define the Logistic and Transport requirements, so you will also need to be a strong communicator in order to build consensus among multiple stakeholders.
The Supply Chain team is part of the Procurement Organisation and you will be reporting to the Head of Supply Chain.
What you’ll be doing
- Planning and arranging distribution of rider and restaurant kit to each market
- Inventory Management, monitoring and identifying gaps in supply, generating action plans to ensure availability
- Identifying and implementing efficiency improvements
- Designing, improving and automating processes
- Support demand planning and budget setting
- Support activities related to the wider team
- Has 2+ years experience in an operational role in a logistics, retail or restaurant company (ideally supply chain, but could be purchasing, sourcing, supplier project management or similar).
- Has a deep desire to solve and dive deep into real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions; but can also roll their sleeves up and get involved in high volumes of transactional work.
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to inspire a bias for action.
- Can prioritise effectively across multiple workstreams.
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively.
- Has very strong Excel skills.
Preferred, but not Required Experience
- Problem solving and continuous improvement experience.
- Knowledge of international shipping, transport and supply chain principles.
- KPI creation, tracking and reporting, building action plans.
- Driven by optimising processes.