Supply Chain Analyst
This is a varied, fast-paced role where you will play a key role supporting the supply of restaurant and rider kits worldwide. The Supply Chain team coordinates the provision of kit from manufacturers to each of our markets throughout the world, distributing annually over 1.5M units of apparel to our 110,000+ Riders and tech equipment to our 140,000+ restaurants.
To achieve this goal the Supply Chain team is constantly evolving, so the role requires an analytical mindset and a strong desire to creatively find solutions to the unique requirements of Deliveroo. Identifying and delivering appropriate solutions, whilst continuing to drive efficiency and process improvement, is critical to the success of the team. You will be trusted to work autonomously in the supply chain organisation, with work streams that can at times be ambiguous. You would be comfortable to contribute in defining ways of working and driving greater efficiencies.
You will work closely with the Operations, Marketing and Local teams to define the Demand and Stock Forecasts, so you will also need to be a strong communicator in order to build consensus among multiple stakeholders.
The Supply Chain team is part of the Procurement Organisation and you will be reporting to the Head of Supply Chain.
What you’ll be doing
- Demand Planning and Management
- Supporting Inventory Management (From daily management to long-term planning)
- Support the planning and distribution of rider and restaurant kit to each market
- Stakeholder communication, presenting stock forecast, and associated action plans
- Gather data and create reports (including budget)
- Support activities related to the wider team
You’ll be a great fit if you are:
- There will be some number-crunching and/or data modelling involved; you should also be proactive in gathering input from relevant stakeholders to co-create pragmatic solutions where required
- You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with making quick yet calculated decisions, even in times of ambiguity. You will also need to recommend courses of action and be able to bring colleagues along with you in order to execute successfully
- You’ll be working on executing supply plans in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Speed and accuracy are equally important; as is challenging your colleagues when you identify situations where lack of clarity will have a potential supply chain impact
- Has 2+ years experience in an operational role in a high growth startup, logistics, restaurant or retail company (ideally supply chain, but could be purchasing, sourcing, supplier project management or similar).
- Has a deep desire to solve and dive deep into real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions; but can also roll their sleeves up and get involved in high volumes of transactional work.
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to inspire a bias for action.
- Can prioritise effectively across multiple workstreams.
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively.
- Has very strong Excel modelling skills and database experience .
Preferred, but not Required Experience
- Forecasting and/or data analysis experience.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain models and principles.
- SQL and/or one of the following Python, R, Java.
- Driven by optimising processes.