At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
Deliveroo is transforming the ways that UK customers shop for groceries. You will work with our UK Commercial Grocery leadership to own discrete workstreams related to selection, category management and strategy, focused on building the foundations for our fastest-growing vertical. You will be tasked with developing analytical and operational work plans and building the fact base and substantiation for your strategies and approaches.
What you’ll be doing
- Leverage your commercial experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them.
- Work with senior stakeholders to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance.
- Drive analytics for key strategic projects working with cross functional teams from across Deliveroo.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to deliver insights to the executive team and senior management.
- Discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research.
- Understand key drivers of the business and provide data driven guidance on key levers.
- Create new data visualizations to help the organization understand the analytic results.
- Work with teams across the organization to socialize strategic initiatives and implement projects.
- Strong problem solving abilities involving identifying the root cause of problems, assessing risks/impacts and determining and implementing effective solutions.
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate complex findings to non-technical audiences in a clear, simple way, both written and verbally.
- Proficient in Excel and SQL, familiar with BI software (Tableau, Looker or similar).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business leaders.
- Hands-on mentality and are willing to get your hands dirty with a scrappy entrepreneurial approach to getting work done.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience in strategy consulting, a logistics, e-commerce and/or other customer-obsessed businesses is a plus.
- Fun, positive mindset and great at working collaboratively in a high performance, highly motivated team environment.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.