Head of Selection, Deliveroo Hop
Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and other markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo Hop team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
We are looking for a Global Head of Selection to support the growth of Deliveroo Hop´s proposition in all Deliveroo markets.
This person will be responsible for strategizing, implementing, and maintaining selection initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives. You will collaborate effectively with other functions and country teams to build and execute Deliveroo’s selection strategy. This includes setting global strategic guardrails and requirements, and working with local markets to localise these structures to suit each market and each type of partner. You will also work with a team of people tasked with managing menus and core data to ensure that the execution of your strategy is seamless. You will also build the necessary competitor benchmarking capability and communicate recommendations to partners and senior leadership.
What you’ll be doing?
- Strategy: Set up the selection strategy for Deliveroo Hop’s proposition.
- Tools: Develop, test and implement the selection tools and processes across all Deliveroo markets.
- Coordination: Work closely with cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Work with other programme managers within the division (Merchandising, Operations) to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects.
- Communication: Work together with the product and tech teams to develop tech features, and with the marketing teams to develop awareness programs, for communication of Deliveroo’s selection proposition to customers.
- Evaluation: Set-up a regular cadence and process for selection reviews to understand and improve Deliveroo’s selection proposition.
- Reporting: Analyze, evaluate, and overcome programme risks, and produce programme reports for management and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in business administration or related field or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years in an advanced management role (preference given to those with programme management experience).
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Ecommerce.
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes.
- Analytical - able to cut through the noise, get deep into data and understand the data points that drive improvements for the performance of our partners and the value for our customers.
- Lives the Deliveroo values and demonstrates a commitment to wider company contribution. Is actively involved in building a welcoming and ambitious work environment where everyone can thrive.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.