The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology, marketplace and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Planning & Analytics team sits within the Rider Operations team and is responsible for the performance and efficiency of the delivery network across multiple markets - this includes rider planning, logistics, incentives and rider fee pricing. Deliveroo’s on-demand operations are incredibly complex with a lot of moving parts, so it will be your job to use your skills in data and analytics to unpick these moving parts and provide strategic solutions to unlock growth and profit.
As an Operations Analyst within the Planning & Analytics team, you will be responsible for designing and using frameworks to make decisions that will positively impact the delivery network. You’ll be directly responsible for improving the reliability, availability and efficiency of the network across a number of our European cities.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the performance of our delivery network, and pulling on levers in real-time to improve the reliability of the network.
- Ensuring a sufficient supply of riders on the road to meet demand, by executing and improving on our existing rider supply frameworks.
- Working within a budget, allocating spend to maximise the efficiency of the network.
- Working closely with the Rider Services Center on selected projects to produce standardised solutions to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- Following the incident protocol for any substantial events which have a real-time impact upon the delivery network.
- A University degree or, alternatively, equivalent experience in live operations, customer care or a similar role with real-time responsibilities.
- Comfortable with using Excel/Gsheets, with a passion for detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to change.
- Strong team player, but can also work autonomously.
- Willing to work in a shift pattern schedule, which includes evenings and weekends.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo, we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.