Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
As a Demand Forecasting Manager, you’ll be in charge of developing and maintaining the overall demand forecasting strategy for our Editions vertical. You will be part of the decision making, working with our global teams to forecast accurately across markets.
Your primary responsibility is to build models, processes and ways of working that will allow us to systematically generate accurate demand forecasts to determine which products to buy, in what quantities, and when. You will also work with our product and technology teams to specify requirements for additional forecasting models, algorithms and reporting tools.
Success in this role will require development of effective working relationships across Deliveroo; particularly the link with the international markets, as well as the Data Science, Operations, Commercial and Finance teams.
- Develop our demand forecasting framework and principles
- Provide insightful, data-led analysis to support decision making on the overall demand forecasting strategy across all markets
- Continuously test, learn and iterate on our demand forecasting strategy by developing new frameworks and models to improve accuracy
- Develop processes to ensure our forecasts are submitted accurately, on time with a focus on automation
- Create reports reflecting metrics and project status, objectives and barriers
- Provide regular updates to internal stakeholders (including Leadership, Commercial, Inventory and Operations) on demand forecasting planning and accuracy in a structured format
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role (financial modelling, forecasting or planning) in a related industry (FMCG, Grocery or Logistics is a plus)
- Proficient in Excel (SQL a plus), familiarity with using BI software (Tableau, Looker or similar).
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate complex findings to non-technical audiences in a clear, simple way, both written and verbally.
- Hands-on mentality and are willing to get your hands dirty with a scrappy entrepreneurial approach to getting work done.
- Fun, positive mindset and great at working collaboratively in a high performance, highly motivated team environment.
- Experience working outside of the UK a plus but not required
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.