Accounts Receivable Assistant - 6 Month, Fixed Term Contract
We’re looking for talented people to join our expanding Financial Operations team.
Please note this is initially a 6 Month fixed-term contract with potential to become a permanent role at a later date.
- Working independently or with internal stakeholders to resolve complex customer billing queries and disputes
- Supporting the Billings team to ensure all daily, weekly & monthly tasks are communicated and processed effectively
- Maintaining customer records and recording all communication relating to the account for future reference
- Continuously challenging existing processes to propose and implement continuous improvement to help drive efficiencies
- Helping to reconcile the Accounts Receivable ledgers ensuring any discrepancies are investigated and resolved
- Assisting the credit control team in all areas concerning cash allocation
- Assisting management in shaping company policies such as credit control policy and supplier payment policy
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Any other Ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Strong systems experience and MS Office experience with strong proficiency in Word and Excel
- Outstanding customer service skills, tact and diplomacy
- A professional, customer orientated, self-aware and friendly personality
- Good verbal and written communication
- Strong understanding of the AR process
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and to work to demanding deadlines
- Able to organise and plan workload effectively
- Able to work independently and can discern when to escalate a problem
- Previous experience with Netsuite
- excel skills at intermediate level
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation. In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.