Rider Insights Manager
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
Our journey began with our founder Will, arriving in London and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite living in one of the world’s best cities for food. In 2013 he got on his bike and founded Deliveroo.
Fast forward to today and Deliveroo can be found in 11 markets, with over 100,000 riders delivering orders from over 140,000 restaurants and stores serving millions of customers in hundreds of cities worldwide.
Delivering great food from restaurants is how we started, but isn’t our only offering. We pioneered the delivery-only kitchen model, Deliveroo Editions, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new brands and cuisines to new areas, giving people more choice in their local neighbourhood. And using our network and technology we provide a growing on-demand grocery service, which has not only brought incredible levels of convenience to our customers but has been a lifeline to so many during COVID.
We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds, and the algorithms behind our marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
There are so many questions we are working on and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do we give low income families access to affordable healthy meals? How do we tackle waste? How can we scale our network to tens of millions of orders a day? What does a future layout of a restaurant look like? How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we take what we know about a customer and offer a personalised selection?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
The size of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. Only 3% of the global food market is online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of other industries, such as from travel (45%) and retail (10%), and it is clear we are at the very beginning of our journey. Despite being one of the world’s fastest growing multi-billion dollar companies, we’re only just getting started.
We hope you’re as excited about the scale of the opportunity as we are and, if you share our ambition, that you’ll join us and be part of this incredible story.
As our Rider Insights Manager as part of the HQ Research & Insights team ‘Marketplace Pod’, you help us to be the voice of our Riders & Restaurant Partners within Deliveroo, your work and influence will help our teams make Deliveroo the best possible delivery platform to work for across the globe.
You will use a variety of different data sources and research techniques to build up a holistic understanding of how Deliveroo can work more effectively with these partners and use this understanding to make an impact across a variety of different teams within the organisation.
You will primarily focus on working with our rider teams, but will have the opportunity to get involved in many different projects across Deliveroo’s marketplace to really make a difference.
- To work with the Research & Insights team to be the ‘voice of’ our Restaurant Partners and Riders within Deliveroo, using the tools and insights available to support and influence key decisions across the delivery organisation.
- To be the main point of contact for our rider teams, helping to coordinate how our insight can drive impact across all areas of our rider teams.
- Use our in-house customer experience system ‘Roo Voices’, to provide regular updates to HQ and local teams, making insightful recommendations into how Deliveroo can provide the best possible experience for its riders, drivers and Restaurants globally.
- Own our ‘Deliveroo Insiders’ Rider Community (UK), working with key central and UK stakeholders to run strategic insight projects and to build our teams’ understanding of who our riders are and what they are looking for from Deliveroo.
- Support the Deliveroo Rider Marketing Team in testing creative for Rider recruitment initiatives and in building Deliveroo’s ‘Rider Brand’
- Work with key stakeholders in our delivery operations (Both Central and Local within key markets), marketing and product teams to develop and execute a research roadmap that will support Deliveroo’s Delivery team in achieving its strategic objectives
- A love of working in a fast paced and changing environment
- The ability to ‘connect the dots’ to build a consistent picture of our riders, and the ability to constantly challenge and advance this picture
- A strategic mindset, to be able to understand and contextualise Deliveroo’s long term strategic goals within insight recommendations
- A strong background in both quantitative and qualitative research, as well as interpreting CX and more complex data models
- Experience in extracting and interrogating data from in-house BI systems
- Confidence in working with a variety of stakeholders in complex organisational structures
- Experience in effectively managing multiple agencies in order to deliver impactful results to the business
- A strong communicator, who ensures insights go beyond presentations and datasets and into a narrative that stakeholders can see, understand and buy into, whether that is through presentation, written documentation or through stakeholder relationships
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.