Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
As a Senior Purchasing Manager, you’ll be in charge of developing and maintaining the overall purchasing strategy for our Editions vertical globally. You will be part of the decision making, setting direction, rules and benchmarks for our global teams to purchase consistently across markets.
Your primary responsibility is to design systems and ways of working that will enable our local teams in each market to submit purchase orders on time with minimum errors. You will work with our internal product and technology teams to design, build or procure custom purchasing modules and software to improve the efficiency of our purchasing processes.
Success in this role will require a data driven leader who can build a team in the UK and around the world, working closely with our internal teams (e.g., local market teams, data science, operations, finance and commercial teams), and with our key external partners to ensure our global purchasing needs are met.
- Develop the purchasing framework, strategy and principles for the Editions vertical globally
- Provide insightful, data-led analysis to support decision making on overall purchasing strategy across all markets globally
- Build and maintain scalable processes that will allow us to submit purchase orders on time, with minimum errors, with the ability to reconcile purchased quantities with received quantities on a large scale across multiple suppliers in multiple markets
- Work with our internal product and tech teams to build streamlined and automated processes to manage supplier relationships (e.g., automated reports, self service tools, etc.)
- Work with key external suppliers to identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities
- Analyse category and market research data regularly to identify opportunities to introduce new products, and to remove/replace underperforming products.
- Input into internal forecasting models and provide manual overrides when necessary to meet peak demand and/or correct for one-off issues.
- Create reporting structures to provide insight on supplier performance to senior internal and external stakeholders
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role in a related industry (FMCG, Grocery or Logistics is a plus)
- A commercial mindset, able to work towards the overall company goals and objectives
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, able to build and maintain a good rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills, exhibited experience in influencing stakeholders to adopt new tools and processes
- Experience working in a matrix environment, developing central programs and aligning local commercial teams on delivery
- Hands-on mentality and are willing to get your hands dirty with a scrappy entrepreneurial approach to getting work done.
- Fun, positive mindset and great at working collaboratively in a high performance, highly motivated team environment.
- Experience working outside of the UK a plus but not required
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.