At Deliveroo, consumers are at the heart of our mission to build the definitive food company - in this role you will be too.
Reporting to the Director of Consumer Strategy, you will have the exciting opportunity to join our newly-formed Consumer org (combining consumer strategy, value proposition, marketing and comms) at a nascent stage. The consumer org will be responsible for driving the consumer strategy globally, building the tools and platforms that the business needs to understand our consumers, in order to build the most compelling and competitive proposition for them. You will need to answer questions such as which new consumer segments and food occasions we should prioritise going after and how. You’ll be driving the consumer strategy globally, and will build the tools and platforms the business needs to understand our consumers better than anyone else. You’ll need to dive deep into the data and details, but crucially to also be able to contextualise analysis and to see the bigger picture.
Deliveroo operates one of the most complex businesses in the world. Our three-sided marketplace (of consumers, riders and restaurants) operates in real-time, serving millions of consumers hyper-locally in more than 600 towns across 12 countries. The geographical and demographic diversity of our consumers, as well as the competitive dynamics of the market, makes this a fascinating and intellectually challenging role. With a unique opportunity to join the newly formed Consumer org at an early stage and to have an outsized impact on the trajectory of a business that is growing at a breakneck pace, the role is also set to be incredibly rewarding.
What you’ll be doing
You will be finding solutions to some of the toughest and most exciting consumer questions we must answer at Deliveroo. We are looking for a critical thinker to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive our global business decisions. You could be working on projects in the following areas:
- Driving our consumer strategy, answering questions such as which consumer segments and occasions we should prioritise (e.g. group order, gifting, dieting) and why.
- Define our value proposition and differentiation strategy: What will we differentiate on vs our competition? How will we differentiate what we offer different customers, in different places at different times?
- Make the strategy a reality by aligning everyone behind it, winning the necessary resource and driving initiatives through launch and beyond.
- In addition to actively driving change for consumers, advocate for consumers more generally throughout the business, ensuring teams deeply understand and prioritise their interests.
We are looking for someone who:
- At least 5 years of experience overall in a combination of consultancy, strategy or operational roles, including:
- Operational experience leading and driving strategy and/or change management initiatives at scale in a fast-paced, high-growth environment at a senior level
- Experience at a top-tier consultancy, or equivalent experience showing a strong track record of problem-solving and business analysis in a variety of contexts
- Successful track record in collaborating with both HQ teams and country teams and experience doing so in a matrixed organisation, as well as in influencing stakeholders at all levels of the org, including front-line teams and the exec
- Ability to spin MANY plates
- Creativity and an innovative mindset, combined with realism and executional pragmatism
- Strong communication skills, across all forms and media
- Operational experience involving consumer strategy, consumer experience and/or go-to-market strategy at scale in a high-performing consumer product or service organisation.
- Experience of business planning
- Experience in a tech company or tech-driven business.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.