Payroll Benefits Assistant
The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology, marketplace, and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
This role sits in the dynamic and open-minded Payroll team of Deliveroo, consisting of 10 members who manage different payroll related activities in the EMEA and APAC region.
Your role as Payroll Benefits Assistant will be focused on providing support to the Payroll Benefits in the day-to-day activities which includes, but not limited to, providing support in engaging with the wider business, designing, and delivering performance improvement of Payroll and Benefits functions.
Your role involves liaising with internal as well as external stakeholders and providing support to Payroll Benefits Lead on successfully completing different projects such as managing taxation of share schemes and/or benefit in kind reporting and/or launching new benefits.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist the Payroll Benefits Lead to administrate the share options platform (Ocorion), including for the IFRS 2 administration through Share works.
- Satisfactory resolution of queries
- Support the Payroll Benefits Lead in managing the payroll related administrative requirements of dealing with new joiners/leavers of multiple benefit and Option schemes.
- Liaising with internal and external clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Support the administration of all the company pension schemes and Monthly pension global submissions via provider websites
- Assist the Payroll Benefits Lead in the management of global compliance tracker across share scheme reporting (unapproved, EMIs, French Free Shares and RSUs during grant, vesting and exercise) and BIKs including accurate forecasting and calculation and provision of Payrolled Benefits and BIK, eg
- FBT in Australia
- PSA UK
- P11d UK
- Work with the Benefits Payroll Lead to produce proactive and succinct updates to be circulated to inform employees about any changes to the benefits and related tax cost
- Partner with finance teams to manage benefits billing to ensure accurate recording and timely payment.
- 1-2 years’ experience in an HR/Payroll benefits role is desirable.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills along with high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- High level of IT literacy with proficient use of G Sheets
- and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using HRIS systems, particularly Workday
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Sound judgemental skills to identify and resolve challenges and issues.
- Experience in high growth and / or tech start up environments preferably with a global exposure.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.